Job Title: Admin & Finance Assistant (Re-advertised)
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: BRIGHT
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: National Admin and Finance Officer (NAFO)
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
About BRIGHT Project:
BRIGHT will target over 100,000 Ugandan highland households in Kigezi, Mt Elgon, and Rwenzori regions, building project interventions from the ground up that are based on the aspirations and needs of targeted farming households and communities. BRIGHT seeks to build the resilience capacity of farm households and the farming systems to recover from external shocks in an ever-changing context through absorption, adaptation, and transformation and, in so doing, increase incomes and food and nutritional security of all farmers, from subsistence-oriented farm households to more market-oriented ones.
Job Summary: IFDC is seeking to recruit a qualified individual to fill the position of Admin & Finance Assistant for this project, to be based at the project field Office in Mbale.
The Finance & Admin Assistant will be a national position and reports to the National Admin and Finance Officer (NAFO) and provide overall support to the Finance & Admin department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee logistical and administrative support for project activities in Uganda.
- Oversee the administrative and financial management of the IFDC Office
- Manage administrative records of country office staff (contracts, social security, insurance, annual appraisal, etc.), including trainees
- Ensure the preparation and monitoring of advance requests, expense projections, and other budget-related materials for the Mozambique Country Office
- Ensure all legal requirements regarding the employment of staff are implemented
- Assist the NAFO in Managing all insurance coverage of country staff and reimbursements.
- Control / supervise the management of equipment, including vehicles, and all that pertains to logistics (acquisition procedures, monitoring and inventory, etc.)
- Assist the NAFO in vehicle/fuel management
- Write administrative correspondence and periodic reports
- Assist in the organization of regional and local meetings (budget and logistics)
- Assist in the finalization of MoUs, contracts, and other agreements
- Assist in organizing workshops/conferences logistics, prepare workshops/conferences materials, prepare minutes and highlight agreed upon actions, coordinate follow-ups, and booking facilities
- Attaching support documents to invoices before payment.
- Assist in booking accommodation for visitors and project staff.
- Assist accounts team in scanning of vouchers
- Assist in visa processing and air travel logistics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or another closely relevant field
- A minimum of five years of professional working experience in a similar or closely related role.
- Be able to express oneself orally and in writing in English
- Have basic accounting and Admin experience within NGO setup
- Being able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team and in a multicultural environment
- Be organized, rigorous and trustworthy
- Have a good knowledge of local labor laws and admin procedures
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, logically, and effectively.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Act in accordance with and defend the best interests of IFDC
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet tight deadlines with quality output.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Consistently maintains focus and perseveres in the face of obstacles, inspiring others to do the same.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, logically, and effectively
- Anticipates key issues in work and identify creative and practical solutions.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in the operationalization of administrative and finance tasks.
- Honors all commitments made to colleagues and partners.
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, be open-minded and seek to understand
- This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.
- Must be willing to be based in the main project office in Mbale
- People management skills is highly required
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd March 2023