Job Title: Communications Manager – BRIGHT Project
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Duty Station: Fort Portal, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
Job Summary: The Communications manager will be a national position and reports to the Project Manager. He/She will be based in the IFDC Fort Portal office. The Communications Manager will be responsible for strategic communication in the planning and delivery of the BRIGHT project. S/he will be supported by IFDC headquarters communications and knowledge management staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the collaborative design and implementation of project communication strategies and helping to keep them up to date.
- Maintain regular social media presence for the project
- Supporting technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials.
- Preparing articles and success stories illustrating project(s) approaches and achievements.
- Liaising with the media by promoting and maintaining contacts with local, regional and national media.
- Assisting in developing all report and other promotion documents such as monthly briefs and intervention fact sheets – editing, formatting, illustration and graphics.
- Organizing the project(s) photo and video library.
- Collecting feedback on, and evaluating the impact of, communications activities.
- Developing and coordinating the production of radio and video infomercials.
- Organizing promotional events, media campaigns and press releases to promote project themes, messages, and achievements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in public and media relations or other relevant qualification.
- Five years of relevant experience in mass media and public relations preferably in projects related to agriculture and nutrition.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Act in accordance with and defend the best interests of IFDC
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet tight deadlines with quality output.
- Strong network in local and national communications and ability to find cost-effective means of promoting the projects achievements
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Consistently maintains focus and perseveres in the face of obstacles, inspiring others to do the same.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
- Anticipates key issues in work and identify creative and practical solutions.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in operationalization of administrative and finance tasks.
- Honors all commitments made to colleagues and partners.
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, be open-minded and seek to understand
- Excellent communication and organization skills and experience in promoting agriculture.
- Computer skills in word processing, PowerPoint, image editors, desktop publishing and other graphic software.
- Proven skills in video and audio program-making.
- Skills in event management, and strong interpersonal relations.
- Experience in developing training materials.
- English spoken, writing and editing skills. A good knowledge of one or more of the local languages in Uganda is advantageous.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.