Job Title: Administration Coordinator
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest child centered development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
About IAQUBE Project:
Plan Uganda has received funding from Plan UK to implement a school improvement project in 4 targeted schools in Lira District. The project aims at bridging the gaps in Education by Improving access and quality basic education in Lira through improving a conducive teaching and learning environment for boys and girls.
Job Summary: The Administration Coordinator will primarily have the responsibility of providing efficient and effective support of the Field Office Procurement and Administration function at Lira office. Working in collaboration with the Country Office based Administration Manager Lira Program Unit Manager, the incumbent ensures that procurement and administration policies and procedures are correctly interpreted, understood and implemented by the staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of coordination and effective implementation of procurement plans and ensuring timely responses and deliveries of goods, services and works;
- Execute the required procurement process in line with organization’s policies and procedures including but not limited to ; preparation of bid documents, receipt, evaluation and award, preparation of local purchase orders and effective contract management;
- In charge of maintaining and updating the supplier data base and their appraisal and implementing an efficient mechanism to manage supplier relations;
- Ensure that supplier payments follow set guidelines;
- Ensure proper record keeping as well as accurate reporting;
- Guide users on procurement related matters;
- Write orders in the line of responsibility and draft related correspondences
- Ensure the effective management including monthly reports and maintenance of assets i.e. furniture, fixtures and fittings, vehicles, generators, computers, copiers/fax machines, etc;
- Proper management of asset registers i.e. regular updating, insurance, disposal planning and proper utilization;
- General office administration for proper and efficient operations of other departments;
- Legal services i.e. drafting/preparing all contract documents and advisory role to all matters requiring legal interpretation in consultation with the Plan’s retained Attorney;
- Proper management of inventory/stationary stocks and reconciliations;
- Overseeing security as the overall focal point person for human as well as physical assets of the organization; and
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective Plan International employee should hold a University Degree in social science/Arts, Law or Business related discipline. Professional CIPS qualification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of four or more years working experience in a relevant field.
- Past experience in fleet, assets, stores and general office management with large organizations preferably NGOs;
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. Excel, word, access and power point;
- The applicant must be familiar with health and safety issues. He/she should be experienced in the security function at an operation level in an organization;
- Past experience in fuel and monitoring of repairs is essential.
- The applicants should also be experienced in scheduling transport and making bookings;
- Experience in construction management;
- Prior management and supervisory experience; and
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit electronic copies (of not more than 2MB) of letters of application, together with a CV. Contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history should be included and sent to:.
Country Human Resources Manager
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st November, 2014
NB: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th December, 2014. Only soft copies of application will be considered.