Job Title: Child Sponsorship and Systems Assistant (2 Career Jobs)
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 40 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The Child Sponsorship and Systems Assistant will offer technical support to Child Sponsorship Operations management in the Cluster so as to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in meeting WVU and WVI standards as well as child wellbeing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Child Sponsorship Systems:
- Manage sponsorship systems as per technical and business requirements and guidelines
- Conduct timely system maintenance and updates as per the guidelines
- Provide timely feedback on Child Sponsorship systems requested by National Office (NO) and Global Centre (GC)/Support Offices (SOs)
- Support CSDF, CSDAs and local stakeholders on utilization of both system and initiative forms and gadgets (i.e. ID card scanners)
2. Child Sponsorship Operations:
- Enter quality child data and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring information into Child Sponsorship systems. (100% data entered for all RCs) In a timely manner
- Compile, analyze and give periodical systems and Child Wellbeing reports for the improvement of the Cluster Sponsorship performance and well-being of Children especially RCs.
- Follow through and resolve critical management actions
3. Communication and Sponsor Relations in the Cluster:
- Coordinate communication between sponsors and RC for the allocated ADPs
- Communicate with Support office in compliance with sponsorship standards
- Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards
- Monitor and advise the CSDF on Child Sponsorship communications from Cluster to NO/SOs.
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs to the allocated ADPs with the CSDF.
4. Child Protection:
- Ensure that Videos and photos being sent to NO, SOs/GC have consent of forms signed by guardian.
- Extensive periodical sampling, provide formal feedback to DMES on the status of allocated ADPs in terms of Child Protection. These include but not limited to RC Validation, cluster (Child Files) and consent form compliancy in line with Child Protection standard.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DME Specialist.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Systems Assistant should hold a bachelor’s degree information Technology, Computer Science
- Professional certification and knowledge in data base management, A+, MCDST, ECDL, MCSE, CCNA will be an added advantage
- All candidates must be mature and committed Christians, able to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: email@example.com. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24th January, 2014