Job Title: Administrative Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. The group was founded in 1973 and initially called the Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynaecology and Obstetrics, but is now referred to simply as Jhpiego.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of front office; duties, receiving visitors, proper dispatch of in-coming and out-going mail in a timely manner and maintain a telephone contact list for the Project Office, Partners, Stakeholders, and other relevant contacts.
- Maintain office petty cash, make payments for small purchases as authorized under the petty cash policies, fully document all petty cash disbursements and request for petty cash replenishment on a timely basis.
- Assist with purchasing office supplies i.e., Toiletries and Kitchen supplies as required.
- Support the process of obtaining visas and all other travel logistics for international guests and staff
- Assist in the procurement of conference facilities and setting up of the conference room, and request cash advance for refreshments and other logistics for in house meetings. Maintain all assets and ensure proper tagging.
- Ensure proper maintenance of Office Equipment e.g. photocopier, printer, binding machine and training equipment. Manage staff welfare
- Ensure general cleanliness of the office and its surroundings
- Receive and review all the invoices and submit to finance office ready for payment
- Coordinate town run motor transport for the project office
- Provide regular guidance/feedback to the Finance &
- Administration Manager on routine office based administrative issues.
- Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Administration or another related field
- Four years of relevant experience. Preferably in an international organization
- Secretarial training and office management.
- Experience working in a busy office within the private sector especially with an international organization
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Basic store keeping or asset management experience will be an added advantage
- A broad variety of administrative, office management and computer skills
- Experience in managing teams and supervising multi-cultural staff.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines. Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter, indicating why they are most suitable for this placement, attach academic documents in PDF as one document to the following address: Uganda-Recruitment@Jhpiego.org and copy Uganda.CountryOffice@Jhpiego.org
Please indicate the Position you are applying for and your name in the email subject line. Hand delivered applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 23rd December 2022 by 4:00pm