Job Title: Airport Services Agent
Organisation: Qatar Airways (QA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Ref: QR20820
About Qatar Airways:
Qatar Airways is the state-owned flag carrier of Qatar and it’s headquartered in the Qatar Airways Tower in Doha. The airline operates a hub-and-spoke network, linking over 150 international destinations across Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Far East, South Asia, Middle East, North America, South America and Oceania from its base at Hamad International Airport, using a fleet of more than 180 aircraft. Qatar Airways Group employs more than 40,000 people, of whom 24,000 work directly for Qatar Airways. The carrier has been a member of the Oneworld alliance since October 2013, the first Gulf carrier to sign with one of the three airline alliances.
Job Summary: The Airport Services Agent will be responsible for providing quality service to passengers in respect to check-in, boarding, special services, lounges, and baggage services as per QR’s commercial and safety standards and procedures ensuring passengers and their baggage are handled in a consistent manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first contact between the airline and its customers as well as stake holders and agents who may need assistant with questions, portray QR image to the highest standard.
- Be visible to ensure that the highest level of service, products is provided in a professional manner.
- Ensure that airport operations meet QR’s standards, policies and procedures satisfy local and internal safety and security standards and conform to aviation regulatory requirements.
- Ensure cargo handling run smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitor all Gates and check in activities ensuring the accurate, service oriented acceptance and boarding or passengers.
- Ensure smooth handling of customer service at the station.
- Liaise with ramp and GHA staff and support Airport services Supervisor in all areas.
- Brief GHA on new procedures and ensure that they are implemented accurately and fully.
- Ensures that the needed pre and post flight administration is conducted timely, recording efficiently all flight activities.
- Assist passengers in regards to entry requirements, visas and resident permits.
- Ensure passengers are assisted smoothly through airport facilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Qatar Airways Airport Services Agent should hold a High School Qualification with one or more years of experience in Customer Service
- High energy and positive attitude are necessary to perform well in this very high pressured and demanding environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Amadeus is essential requirement of the job.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential to be able to perform in this role.
- Successful candidate must be willing to work shifts including frequent nights and weekends
- Ground Handling and Ramp experience will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join Qatar Airways in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below. You will be required to attach an updated Resume / CV, copy of passport, copy of highest educational certificate and recent full length color photo
Deadline: 3rd May 2019