Job Title: AML Compliance Officer (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Compliance Manager
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
Job Summary: To work with the Compliance Manager of the bank to monitor and review compliance programmes for all divisions; in accordance with the BOU guidelines, the Bank’s policies, relevant laws and Banks Business Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and closure of all alerts received through the AML monitoring system.
- Identify and report all suspicious transactions to the MLCO for onward submission to FIA.
- Continually review and update all screening lists held by the Bank i.e., PEP list, blacklist.
- Handle Internal queries raised by branches and external queries raised by customers, regulators and correspondent banks on AML matters.
- Handle and resolve Customer Due Diligence on transactions, e.g. first time TTs, large cash transactions and identified suspicious transactions.
- Conduct annual KYC review of High risk customers, review their transactions continually to validate authenticity.
- Conduct annual KYC renewal for all counterparties and correspondent banks.
- Conduct risk assessments for any new products.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements through continuous monitoring.
- Review transactions processed from money transfer services and prepare respective reports.
- Conduct regular trainings for all staff on AML & Financial Crime, KYC, etc.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on high risk accounts.
- Review and update AML Policies and related manuals, procedures, guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least two Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Statistics, Law, Economics or related field.
- A professional qualification (ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA, etc.) is an added advantage.
- At least one year banking experience.
- Highly conversant with the regulatory framework and the Bank’s operating environment.
- Knowledge of KYC and Anti-money laundering guidelines.
- Able to personally deal with complex compliance issues.
- knowledgeable of Ugandan legislation affecting different Banking processes.
- Ability to analyze the impact of a new legislation/regulation on operations of the Bank and can translate these regulations/legislations into policies for the organization.
- Is abreast with trends and issues in the international scene on compliance matters at large and in the banking and finance industry especially.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 29th June 2022