Job Title: Officer- Card Issuing
Organisation: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Alternate Channels & Cards
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
Job Summary: Actively undertake execution of the alternate channels & cards strategy in line with the regulatory framework to drive adoption of the products, foster channel utilization and business growth goals through innovation, superior relationship management, various sales initiatives, monitoring and support of the channels aimed at growing card acquisition, usage and retention.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing key interventions to grow card usage for active cards and meet laid down growth targets.
- Develop strategies to ensure increased activation of cards by the inactive card base.
- Provide data that will enable the sales team to drive their sales targets.
- Optimize portfolio potential in conjunction with the Product Manager(s), planning/undertaking effective marketing campaigns.
- Establish and develop card usage opportunities to meet the clients’ needs, introducing and working in conjunction with segment specialists, key among which will be Marketing.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure smooth flow of work and that customer queries are resolved in the shortest time possible.
- Customer service and complaints management.
- Ensure that targeted level of business results (i.e., income, costs, client satisfaction and client recruitment) for jobholder’s own portfolio are maintained.
- Adhere to standards, legal and regulatory, in accordance with the group guidance.
- Implement and maintain a coaching and training programme for the branch/sales colleagues.
- Understand technical/regulatory matters affecting the business. Ultimate responsibility for the continuing compliance.
- Ensure Governance, Compliance, Risk and Control are implemented and adhered to meet the set standards. Staff at all levels to be clear on what is expected of them. Any new regulatory or Group requirements are implemented and reviewed in a timely fashion.
- Carry out business risk assessment and institute controls to mitigate the risks, monitor compliance and safe operations of the channels.
- Manage relationships based on service level agreements with schemes, partner vendors, service providers and merchants.
- Closely monitor the market for dynamics on customer behavior, competition, policies, and regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must be a Graduate in a business or IT related programs.
- At least three years’ experience in banking, working in the cards business.
- Exposure to alternative digital banking channels, product development, sales and operations is an added advantage.
- Customer focus
- Strategic decision making
- Good presentation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player that motivates and educates others.
- Projects and stake holder’s management.
- Good overall knowledge of the Card Industry
- Good understanding of card operations and products
- A good understanding of card systems, processes and procedures.
- A good understanding of the techniques of Performance Management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2022 5:00pm