Job Title: Network Infrastructure Administrator
Organisation: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Enterprise Systems
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
Job Summary: The Network Infrastructure Administrator will administer and manage the Bank’s ICT infrastructure that comprises computer equipment, the Local Area Networks (LAN) and WAN in line with the Bank business plan and ICT policy.
The incumbent will also ensure the stable operation of the computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly monitor the network links performance.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Monitor disaster recovery site and ensure all devices are running.
- Ensure efficient and proper network architectures are in place.
- Provide status reports of hardware and software products as per designated policies.
- Manage security solutions, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Recommend modifications in legal, technical, and regulatory areas that affect IT security.
- Monitoring of web security gateways, perimeter security, network access controls, endpoint security.
- Maintain documentation of Hardware systems.
- To manage the Banks IT systems and platforms.
- Install, configure, and deploy PC and Server software and Hardware.
- To plan, monitor and report on the administration and implementation of preventive maintenance, servicing and repair of computer equipment for the Bank in line with the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications and reports.
- Monitor IT infrastructure inclusive retrieval and monitoring of system logs.
- To maintain, update and track inventory of communications equipment in line with the Bank’s ICT Asset Standards policy.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
- Configuration and setup of network devices such switches, routers, firewalls
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree preferably in Computer Science/ Electronics / Communication.
- At least four years of experience in a Network technical role with supervisory experience skills
- Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls and strong routing & switching experience is an added advantage
- Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge implementing, configuring, integrating and supporting the network security with Checkpoint, Load balancers, Cisco ISE.
- Exposure to Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems, coding languages, and/or Networks
- Ability to troubleshoot the common network problems, security networking hardware or software tools
- Working knowledge of networking concepts such as WAN connectivity, transport types and protocols
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below. Please ensure to attach your academic credentials
Deadline: 12th January 2023 by 5:00pm