Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd was incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act, 2012 on the basis of the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap 98 and Electricity Act, Cap 145. UEGCL is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda. UEGCL’s key role is to – carry on the business of electric power generation and sale within Uganda or for export to neighbouring countries; build, operate and maintain Electricity Generation Plants; monitor the operation and maintenance of its Concessioned Assets – Nalubaale and Kiira Power Stations; provide Technical Support as and when required by the Government of the Republic of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; Implement Flagship Hydropower Plant Projects of Karuma (600MW) and Isimba (183MW; organize, support, encourage and maintain training facilities in technical and related fields, amongst others.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer will support the Administrative Officer in providing g support towards office but also act as the key administrative liaison at the front desk of UEGCL. The Front desk Officer will also serve as the face of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary or the most important job of a front desk officer is to answer the incoming calls.
- Providing information to clients or all those people who will call in the office or visit the office premises.
- Provides all kinds of clerical and administrative support.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the front desk area.
- Answering the queries of all those people who call in the organization or information seekers about the business.
- Receive all the important messages and pass them on to the required authorities.
- The incumbent will be honoring and greeting people who enter the organization and communicate with them in a pleasing manner along with a positive attitude.
- Maintaining a record of appointments and coordinate those to the right people in the office.
- She is responsible for greeting the visitors who are coming in the office and also answer their basic queries.
- The receptionist at the front desk is also responsible for distribution of mails, deleting the junk mails and prioritizing the important mails that are required for business purposes.
- The front desk receptionist is responsible for dispatching and receiving important documents, preparing financial correspondences, filing documents, making photocopies and sending faxes.
- She/He will coordinate with all the employees of an organization for conveying important messages.
- Assist visitors to reach the correct destination.
- Drafting letters and documents.
- Be organizing the meetings that are to be held in the office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Front Desk Receptionist should possess a diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies or Social Sciences.
- At least three years’ administrative experience of working in a similar position.
- Working knowledge about the standard norms of customer service.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Working knowledge of clerical process.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of their academic documents and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses physically to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL),
3rd Floor, UEDCL Tower,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road P.O. Box 75831, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 20th March, 2015 by 5.00 p.m.