Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private Not-For-Profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related healthcare services, and training of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will technically support the Joint Medical Store in performing procurement services tasks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Placing and following up purchase orders (with foreign and local suppliers) for goods, works and services in accordance with JMS Procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Actively monitoring implementation and adherence to contract terms and conditions, and preparing periodic procurement performance reports.
- Generating and analyzing weekly reports on stock outs, and outstanding purchases and pro-actively liaise with the relevant parties for timely deliveries.
- Actively participating in commercial assessment of both existing and potential suppliers and service providers for JMS and recommend rational actions
- Effectively utilising the Management Information System’s procurement module for effective management of the procurement cycle.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting sound relationship with suppliers, service providers, and internal stakeholders in order to foster constructive feedback and continuous improvement.
- Pro-actively liaising with clearing agents on matters relating to JMS’s consignments in transit, bond, customs e.t.c
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Procurement Officer should hold a Bachelor degree in Business, Commerce, Procurement, Logistics, Pharmacy or other relevant field that specialize in Procurement and Logistics Management.
- Professional Qualifications in Procurement (CIPS) and Membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- A minimum of three or more years working experience in procurement operations in a busy environment, and reputable organization.
- Relevant working experience with medicines and medical equipment will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in using integrated information management system with a procurement module or enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications.
- Highly dependable and honest (Integrity)
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work load, use initiative, work as part of, and lead a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly innovative and able to identify strategies for continual improvement.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Excel, PowerPoint, Email)
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, updated CVs and three referees (not relatives) should be sent/delivered to the address below.
The Head of Human Resource and Administration
Joint Medical Store
Plot 1828, Gogonya Road, Nsambya
P.O. Box 4501,
Deadline: Thursday, 12th March 2015.