Job Title: Information Officer/ Publicity
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Information Officer/Communications
Job Ref: UBOS/HRM-CPR/2015/04
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be tasked with developing content for the UBOS Advocacy and Publicity Materials, including the Newsletters, Bulletins, Corporate Wear and Calendars in line with the content outlines;
- Write and Edit In-house Magazines, Case Studies, Speeches, Articles and Annual Reports;
- Design and produce Artwork for the different Advocacy and Publicity Materials;
- The incumbent will be tasked to organise Events including Exhibitions, Open Days and Press Tours;
- Maintain and update information on the UBOS Website;
- Responsible for the preparation and oversee the production of Publicity Brochures, Hand-outs and Direct Mail Leaflets;
- In charge of developing and maintaining a relevant Partners and Stakeholder’s Database;
- Develop appropriate Advocacy and Publicity Work Plans, Multi-Format Messages, Presentations and Materials for the different UBOS field programmes
- Actively facilitate and participate in the different Publicity and Community Outreach programmes using different fora;
- Perform any other related functions as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Information Officer/ Publicity should possess a Bachelor’s degree with honours in Mass Communication, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Customer Care, Videography, Photography, Film Studies, Library and Information Science, Graphic Arts, Liberal Arts, Languages and Literature, Publishing, Education or other related area.
- Three or more years’ experience in Writing, Editing and Production of Advocacy and Publicity Materials including Newsletters and Bulletins.
- Additional training in News Reporting, Features Writing, Proofreading, General Editing, Designing, Online Publishing and New Media will be an added advantage.
- Past exposure and experience in statistical production processes will be another added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications indicating applicant’s postal address, Email contact, three referees with their contact addresses and telephone contacts as well as copies academic transcripts, certificates and an updated CV. The application should clearly indicate the relevant job title (position applied for) and reference number.
Address / Send complete applications to:
The Deputy Executive Director – Corporate Services
Uganda Bureau of Statistics
Plot 9, Colville Street
P.O Box 7186,
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and any sort of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd July, 2015