Protecting Families against HIV/AIDS (PREFA) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was formed to contribute to Uganda’s efforts in enhancing access to quality HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support services to families with a historical focus on Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT) of HIV.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for the effective functioning of all financial and administrative resource operations and systems in support of PREFA’s programs and activities. The incumbent will formulate, monitor and review PREFA’s financial resources management and utilization. He/She will also ensure the formulation and review of administrative policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective and up-to-date Financial and Accounting Manual highlighting policies, systems and procedures available to all PREFA staff.
- Strategic and annual budgets made in a way that facilitates easy extraction and compilation of quarterly and monthly budgets.
- Standard forms appropriately designed to facilitate submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial returns to various supervisory authorities, donors and other stakeholders.
- Statements of reconciliation and balancing of various accounts in place.
- Ensure timely, consolidated financial returns and the derivative management reports submitted to and received by the concerned supervisory authorities, donors and other stakeholders.
- Elaborate response to internal and external auditors’ queries, reports or letters.
- Valid technical advice on financial matters provided to the Board of Directors, management, members of staff and any other stakeholders who may need it.
- Cash flow projections properly and effectively done.
- Periodical budgetary performance reports with satisfactory explanation of the variances.
- Satisfactory accountability statements / reports reaching management and donors in time.
- Administrative plans, policies and systems in place
- Systematic and effective goods and services, procurement policies and guidelines in place.
- Legal issues effectively handled.
- Ensure technical support provided to line managers/officers on general organizational management.
- Inter and intra communication systems in place.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a B.Com/BBA (Accounting) or BBA (Finance),
- Full professional qualification in ACCA, CPA or CIMA,MBA.
- A minimum of ten or more years working experience, five of which should have been at senior management level as Chief Accountant, Financial Controller or Operations management in an NGO environment.
- Proven knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures and clear understanding of Government of Uganda accounting requirements.
- Working knowledge of computer application and conversant in word processing, spreadsheet and at least two accounting packages.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplinary workforce, preferably in an NGO setting.
- National and international legislations, policies and practices on HIV/AIDS.
- Skills in Policy and Strategy Development
- Good Leadership, Team Building and Communication skills
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a current detailed CV, application letter, copies of testimonials and certificates; and three professional references with telephone and email contacts. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director, Protecting Families against HIV/AIDS (PREFA), Plot 71 Lithuli Avenue Bugolobi, P.O Box 25769, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Thursday, 16th April, 2015