Job Tittle: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION
BTC, the Belgian Development Agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral cooperation between Uganda & Belgium. The Person shall be selected by BTC and is responsible for a variety of administrative related tasks. S/he works under direct supervision of the Administrative & Financial Officer of BTC for all types of activities.
Duration of the contract: 3 years with a 6 months’ probation period
Remuneration: Attractive depending on years of relevant experience
• Receive visitors & make sure that reception is attended to at all working hours.
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail (e-mails, letters, etc.): print/copy if necessary, register, file, transfer of signatories, etc.;
• Manage general interest e-mails, write standard letters and direct incoming calls;
• Organisation of meetings (reservations, sending of invitations, etc.) and Drafting of meeting reports in specific cases;
• Dissemination of reports/documents to the persons concerned (Partners & Projects).
• Type certain letters/documents Send out e-mail messages, memos and letters;
• Provide general administrative support (make copies, scan documents, draw up and transfer certain forms (e.g. request for approval of an aid worker), record CDs, send faxes, etc.
• Assist with the administrative organisation of missions (hotel reservations, appointments, travel documents, Visa, work permits, availability of vehicles, etc.)
• Input leave/holidays and mission days into the central schedule.
• Follow up on the use of water, electricity, and fuel on generator and maintain a record of monthly consumptions.
• Prepare and monitor watchmen schedule.
• Supervise the work of the drivers, guards and gardeners.
• Maintain records of all transactions and raise payments; ensuring that the codes & amounts are accurate.
• Manage petty cash transactions.
• Prepare Vat claims & make VAT returns
• Manage Stores.
• Any other duty that may be assigned to you by the Administrative Officer or Resident Representative.
• A minimum of a Diploma or its equivalent
• At least short-cycle higher studies (“graduate”, preferably in Business Administration)
• Two to three years’ experience in clerical/ accounting and administrative tasks
• Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficient in English;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal
skills and team player;
• Able to work under stressful conditions
Deadline:Please apply not later than 20th December, 2013 by sending your application letter and resume, plus copies of academic certificates as well as at least three recent references to the Resident Representative, BTC, P. O. Box 40131, Kampala-Uganda or hand deliver to:
Lower Kololo Terrace, Plot 1B.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS SHALL BE RESPONDED TO.