Job Title: Community Development Manager (Volunteer Opportunity)
The Ligingi Community Learning Centre (www.ligingi.com), a vibrant Ugandan community organisation, is implementing its strategic framework “Village Power: 2012 -2016”. The strategic framework is divided into two programmatic areas that will result in positive outcomes for the Ligingi people: Community self-reliance and Community learning.
The Community Development Manager will be a passionate change-maker and community mobiliser with relevant experience in community / international development / Business /Sports or any relevant area.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The major responsibility is to recruit and supervise local and international volunteers, plan, implement and evaluate community development activities, develop and implement policies, build and maintain positive relationships between the LCLC, Ligingi village and external stakeholders, provide stories and visuals for social media and external communications, maintain critical administration and reporting and regularly and in a timely manner, communicate community change initiatives and outcomes to LCLC audience and Directors.
- You will also assist in coordinating LCLC’s projects with local and international partners as well as develop new resource strategies for the LCLC.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All candidates must demonstrate courage to challenge entrenched practices and norms that inhibit inclusive social change, have experience working with limited resources, have exemplary personal integrity, show enthusiasm and positivity, and be willing to work in an isolated, rural setting with very basic social amenities.
- In return we will offer you an exciting and unforgettable village experience in Ligingi, offer you modest and shared accommodation and a monthly meal stipend based on local rates.
- To effectively perform the duties above, you will need to have excellent community, project management and stakeholder management skills.
- In addition, you are also expected to have the following skills: leadership development, community relations, computer skills (Advanced Excel), budget and financial accounting, and excellent English and report writing skills.
- Stipend for meals and travel.
- Fully furnished and shared accommodation.
- Recommendation upon successful completion of placement / role depending on performance.
NB: East African or international volunteer. International volunteers must be able to afford their medical and flight expenses to and from Uganda.
How to Apply for the job:
If interested in the aforementioned opportunity, please send your application to email@example.com by stating your experience with SACCOs (Please do not attach academic credentials).
All interviews will be conducted via email, telephone or skype.
This position commences in February 2014, applications will be reviewed immediately.
Deadline: 31st January, 2014