Organization: Chemonics International Inc.
Project Name: Commodity Production and Marketing (CPM) Activity
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Chemonics International Inc. is certified consulting company that has partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world for overe 40 years. Chemonics is implementing the Feed the Future Uganda Commodity Production and Marketing (CPM) Activity. CPM is implemented through a five-year, USAID-funded contract that began in March 2013. CPM increases the wealth and long-term prosperity of rural families in 34 Feed the Future focus districts by using innovative methods to increase the quantity and quality of beans, coffee and maize that they are able to produce and sell.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and implementing all aspects of the project accounting system including assistance in financial compliance. The incumbent will be responsible for collecting and recording all information that will facilitate information exchange and dissemination of project financial documentation and records to the Chemonics Home Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive invoices from vendors and ensure timely payment by the project.
· Prepare documentation for all payment transactions, including but not limited to vouchers, checks and transfer forms. Ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained.
·Maintain the project’s accounting files system, ensuring all vouchers are in order, completed properly and proof of payment attached.
· Maintain the tax files for the project, recorded and paid in timely manner. Prepare daily bank reconciliation.
· Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of the payroll for all local staff based in Kampala, and regional offices.
· Support reinforcing proper financial controls and ensure that appropriate systems are maintained and in place.
· The incumbent will assist the Finance and Administrative Assistants in the regional offices in management of the respective petty cash registers Responsible for monthly submission of electronic financial reports to Chemonics Home office
· Assist in providing information and documents as requested by the Chemonics Home Office management unit with the approval of the Operations and Finance Director and/or the Finance Manager.
· Explain generally accepted accounting principles, USAID and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID project vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field required.
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting, finance, and/or administration.
· Computer literacy i.e. Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel.
· Prior experience and familiarity with accounting systems or software such as QuickBooks, Excel, ABACUS, etc. desired.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting functions.
· Ability to closely follow Chemonics and USAID guidelines and controls as required of the position.
· Fluency in English required, both written and oral.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results on tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter electronically to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject of the e-mail.
Deadline: 20th October, 2015
Click here to see more jobs available