Job Tittle: Librarian (7).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cataloguing and Classification of books.,
- Stock-taking and bibliographic work,
- Preserving and Conservation of books.
- Maintaining of Library records.
- Compiling of Library Reports and Statistics
- Supervising support staff and any other Library work assigned by the University Librarian.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned in the normal course of doing business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor of Records and Archives management (BRAM) (1st class or 2nd Upper division), from a recognized institution
- The applicant should possess at least One year’s working experience in a relevant institution is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy skills in Library/Documentation work are essential.
- Good Team Player
Age: Less than 30 years
How to Apply:
All applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacancies above. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application by the closing date.
Applications should be delivered to the Appointments Board Office, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062
Deadline: 31st December 2013