The Government of The Republic of Uganda has received a loan from the African Development Fund to finance the Higher Education Science and Technology (HEST) project in Uganda. The principal objective of this project is to contribute to building Uganda’s human capital skills development capacity particularly in education, science and technology and to respond to labor market demands and spur productivity nationally.
It will also enhance access to HEST through rehabilitation and expansion of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) learning facilities totaling 80,000 square meters in the six universities (Makerere University, Kyambogo University, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Gulu University, Busitema University and Muni University) and two degree awarding institutions (Uganda Management Institute and Makerere University Business School).
The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES), as the Executing Agency, wishes to recruit suitable candidates for the following vacancies of Office Assistant under the Support to Higher Education, Science and Technology (HEST) – ADB V Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispatching of all official letters and other correspondences.
- Cleaning the office premises and all equipment as may be directed by the secretary.
- Ensuring that office premises are properly cleaned on time.
- Assisting the secretary in reproduction of documents.
- Responsible for locking and opening of the office premises at the appropriate time.
- Preparing and servicing teas for project staff.
- Ensuring that all project/office items are protected and
- Running office errands.
- Perform other related job tasks as assigned by project administrator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Ordinary level Certificate with a credit in English and a pass in Mathematics.
- Orderly and able to take corrective decisions/actions.
- A certificate in Office Management and customer care will be an added advantage.
- Must be ready to work long hours, including weekends.
How to Apply for the job:
All application letters clearly marked “Application for the Post of ……………………… under HEST Project, which should also name three professional referees (and their email / day time telephone contacts), detailed CV with attached photocopies of relevant certificates / testimonials, and telephone contact, MUST be addressed and delivered to the address below;
The Assistant Commissioner,
Human Resource Management,
Ministry of Education and Sports,
King George IV Way,
Embassy House, 4th Floor,
P. O. BOX 7063, Kampala. Uganda
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews by phone or e-mail. All candidates must therefore, indicate their contact phone or e-mail addresses.
Deadline: 18th December, 2013 by 5:00 p.m