Applications are invited from eligible candidates to pursue Masters and PhD study programmes/Courses tenable at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) under the DAAD In-Country / In-Region Scholarship scheme (East Africa) for the year 2015/2016.
The scholarships are available for the following Masters and PhD Study courses/Programmes offered at Mbarara University of Science and Technology:
- M.A in Development Studies
- M.A in Local Governance and Planning
- M.A in Conflict Analysis & Inclusive Development
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Information System
- Master of Science in Health Information Technology
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Education (Educational Administration and Planning)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Master of Science in Anatomy
- Master of Science in Physiology
- Master of Science in Pharmacology
- Masters of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Master of Nursing Science
- Master of Medicine in General Surgery
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine
- Master of Medicine in Paediatrics & Child Health
- Master of Medicine in Dermatology
- Master of Medicine in Anaesthesia
- Master of Medicine in Ophthalmology
- Master of Medicine in Obstetrics/Gynaecology
- Master of Medicine in Community Practice/Family Medicine
- Master of Medicine in ENT
- Master of Medicine in Radiology
- Master of Medicine in Pathology
- Master of Medicine in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Master of Medicine in Psychiatry
- Doctor of Philosophy in relevant fields.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Applicants for Masters programmes should possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Upper class.
- Applicants for PhD programmes should possess a Masters degree in a relevant field with at least CGPA of 3.60 for science courses and 3.8 for non-science courses.
- For both Masters and PhD applicants, the relevant minimum degrees must have been obtained less than six years ago by the time of applying.
- Eligible programmes – DAAD will publish a list of all programmes / institutions eligible for In-Country / In-Region Scholarships in Eastern Africa on its website, containing the names of programmes / institutions and weblinks to the respective advertisements / contact persons.
- Relevance to Development – PhD proposals, irrespective of the discipline, must demonstrate relevance to development.
- Duration and commencement – Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (PhD) respectively. The scholarships will be initially granted for one year and may be extended up on individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form.
- Equal opportunities – Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply for the scholarship: Completed hard copy applications should be submitted to the following address:
Human Resource Department, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, P O Box 1410, MBARARA – UGANDA.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +256 782 556870
In addition, a complete soft copy must be sent to DAAD email@example.com, containing:
The application documents requested by the host institution, as well as the filled DAAD Application Form and All additional documents requested by the DAAD Information Sheet for Scholars.
Deadline – The deadline for submitting the completed applications is 10th June 2015.