The Spear Group of Companies owns a number of leading business franchises which include:
- Spear Motors Limited – Franchise distributor and dealer in Mercedes Benz, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, and Deutz Fahr brands in Uganda.
- Wavah Broadcasting Services (WBS) – A private television station.
- Star Times Digital Satellite Television Service – A digital satellite distributor of television signals in Uganda.
- Spear House – An upscale office building on Jinja Road, in Kampala’s central business district.
- Wavah Water Limited – A manufacturer and distributor of drinking mineral water in Uganda.
- GM Tumpeco Limited – A manufacturer and fabricator of steel products, including number plates, traffic road signs and billboards. Also, furniture, spring mattresses, uniports, wheelbarrows, truck and bus bodies.
- Fancy Furniture Limited – Importer and distributor of high-end office and household furniture.
- Wavah Books Limited – A publisher of school text books and other writings
- Nakweero Mixed Farm – A diary, beef and crop farm in Nakweero, Kira Municipality, Wakiso District.
Job Summary: The Accountant will be responsible for monitoring supplies, finances and report on the financial performance of the factory to ensure smooth and efficient running of the company.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the preparation of factory budget and monitor to keep it in line with the organisation’s budget
- Actively monitor to ensure that customers’ orders are processed on time
- Work in liaison with the accounts and factory team to ensure factory accounts are being reconciled on a weekly basis
- Monitor factory daily stock, weekly and monthly, half and full year stock counts
- Prepare and present Monthly Management Reports including Trial Balance, Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statement.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly variance analysis between the budgets and actuals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognised University
- Be a Qualified or Passed Finalist ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience in a financial or accounting role
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Computer literacy i.e. skills in using Microsoft word, power point and excel with financial modeling ability
- Strong team player
- Excellent Leadership Skills, Interpersonal, Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
- Good Commercial awareness, especially in FMCG
- Ability to pick up systems, procedures and general company knowledge quickly
- Effective team working skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of organisational skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to multi task
- Diplomacy and sensitivity when working with clients
- Good professional personal presentation
- Good Customer service orientation skills
- Excellent in organizing and planning, initiative and reliable
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply for the job:
If you are suitably qualified, send your application and relevant certificates to this address:
The Human Resource Manager
Spear Motors Ltd
Plot M248, Nakawa
P.O Box 1350, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Saturday, 11th October 2014