Graduates with Degrees in Procurement, Commerce, Business Administration and Economics can apply for jobs at Bank of Uganda.
Job Title: Head of Unit Works (Branches and Currency Centres)
Organization: Bank of Uganda (BoU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Section Works and Repairs
Job Ref: PDU4.09
The Bank of Uganda (BoU) is the Central Bank of the Republic of Uganda. It was opened on the 15th August 1966. It is 100% owned by the Government of Uganda but it is not a government Department. Bank of Uganda conducts all its activities in close association with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED). Bank of Uganda is responsible for monetary policy and maintaining price stability.
Job Summary: The Bank of Uganda’s Head of Unit Works (Branches and Currency Centres) will odder technical support in the procurement of works required at Branches and Currency Centres
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge overseeing the procurement of Works as per procurement plan
- Work closely with users in review of terms of requirement for the Works required
- Responsible for preparing solicitation documents for works tenders
- Prepare evaluation criteria for works tenders
- Prepare invitations to bid
- Offer technical support in receipt of bids for Works tenders
- Provide support in opening of bids for Works tenders
- Actively participate and facilitate evaluation exercises for Works
- Prepare evaluation minutes and reports for works tenders
- Participate and facilitate negotiations exercises for Works Tenders
- Prepare negotiation minutes and reports for Works tenders
- Prepare write-ups for approval of works tenders by approving authority
- Prepare announcements of evaluation results of the tendering exercises where applicable
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders
- Intuitively review contracts for Works procurements
- Monitor service providers for delivery of the required Works
- Technically support HOS and provide timely information whenever required
- Perform any other duties assigned by Head of Section, Division and Department.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Tender documentation for Works
- Evaluation minutes reports for works tenders
- Negotiation minutes and reports for works tenders
- Works procurements delivered as per Procurement Plan
- Works procured in compliance to procurement laws / procedures
- Works procurements meet user requirements
- Value for money in Works procurements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The best candidate should possess a First class or Upper Second Degree in Procurement, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration and Economics from a recognised university/ institution.
- Possession of a Diploma in CIPS or any other procurement professional qualification is highly desirable.
- At least four (4) years working experience in procurement of Works
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Good team player in a diverse environment.
- Should be ready to work beyond normal call of duty.
- Computer literacy skills
Age: Between 30- 35 years.
How to Apply for the job:
The complete application letters must be accompanied by:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae. Candidates MUST use this BoU Curriculum Vitae to send their Curriculum Vitae . download here
- Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names and contacts of three referees.
The completed applications should be delivered to the Bank of Uganda Headquarters, Plot 37/45 Kampala Road and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Department,
Bank of Uganda,
P.O Box 7120,
Deadline: 19th January 2015 by 5:00pm