Scholarships you can apply for.
Transform Together scholarships are open to students from any non-EU country applying to study at Sheffield Hallam University to enrol in the 2014/15 academic year. All full-time postgraduate and undergraduate taught courses are taking part in the programme.
Following a competitive process the scholarships will be awarded to well-qualified students who demonstrate academic, personal or professional achievement on their scholarship application form. Successful applicants will be awarded with a certificate to mark their achievement following enrolment on their course.
If you are a high achiever or believe you can make a significant contribution to our University, we encourage your application. The scholarships include a one-year full tuition fee waiver for full-time taught postgraduate courses and 50% tuition fee discount for each year of an undergraduate course (subject to successful progression). A package of incentives is to be confirmed, but will include
- the opportunity to become an alumni ambassador back in your home country
- a programme of events which aims to enhance your learning and social experience with fellow scholars
- a Sheffield Hallam University hoodie
Successful scholars will be expected to represent Sheffield Hallam University through various activities during the academic year and after graduation.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- postgraduate only – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the minimum course entry requirements. Please attach transcripts to scholarship applications.
- undergraduate only – you must achieve or exceed the entry criteria for the course.
- have an unconditional/conditional offer to study a full-time postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University. Find out how to apply for a course.
- be enrolling on a one year full-time taught postgraduate course with Sheffield Hallam starting in the 2014/15 academic year
- be self-funding your studies
- have, or expect to achieve, a minimum of IELTS 6.0 (5.5 in all areas) or equivalent*
- be classed as an international student for fees purposes
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
The panel will be held after the closing date and applicants will be notified approximately one month after this date using the contact details on the course application.
* Please note that IELTS 6.0 (5.5 in all areas) or equivalent is the minimum English language requirement to be eligible for the scholarship and that the English language requirement for entry onto some of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses may be higher.
Scholarship applications for taught courses starting in September 2014 applications must be submitted by 31 May 2014. Scholarship applications for taught courses starting in January 2015 must be submitted by 01 November 2014.
Please note that you can only be awarded one Sheffield Hallam University scholarship or bursary. Students who come to the University through our partnership with TAR College Malaysia may not apply for these scholarships. See our Tunku Abdul Rahman College pages for alternative scholarships.
Scholarships will only be available for direct recruitment. Sponsored students/applicants from partner institutions are not eligible for these scholarships.
Further information follow: http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries