HIAS Africa was established in 2002 as HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) as a partnership between local NGOs and HIAS Inc. This was in response to a critical gap in resettlement case identification for refugees out of Nairobi. HIAS Africa is registered in accordance with Kenyan, Ugandan and Chad laws and operates both as a humanitarian service provider and an advocacy voice.
Our main goal is to address the assistance, protection and durable solutions needs for refugees at heightened risk in Africa, through the provision of direct psychosocial, social and resettlement services (Kenya and Uganda), as well as through community outreach and capacity building for partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a good University Degree in Counseling Psychology. Possession of a Master’s degree preferred or equivalent;
- Working experience in providing psychotherapeutic interventions to children, adults and families in individual and groups settings;
- Good working knowledge and experience in trauma counseling, marriage and family therapy desirable;
- Comprehensive knowledge of human rights doctrine and child rights and prevention and response to SGBV issues required;
- Past exposure and experience in capacity building including facilitation of community – based training and advocacy, awareness raising on SGBV issues a plus;
- Fluency in English a must. Knowledge of Kiswahili and French a plus;
- Computer literacy skills are essential with working knowledge of MS Office;
- Good knowledge of Kampala and its environs;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Skilled at working as a member of a team.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who are suitably qualified should endeavor to send their applications with a cover letter and updated resume to email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification. Late applications will not be considered
Deadline: Friday, October 10 2014