Bunyoro Kingdom gets a University: Bunyoro sub-region has finally got a University of her own.
Bunyoro Kitara Royal University (BUKIRU) is set to open on 15th September 2014.
This is a step ahead in the right direction towards social-economic transformation of the kingdom.
The lack of a public university in the region prompted the kingdom to start its own with the hope that government will complement it.
Bunyoro Kitara Royal University is the first ever Community University located in Hoima town “the heart of the Oil City” in a comfortable cool academic environment adjacent to King’s Palace-Karuzika and held in trust by Bunyoro Kitara Kingdom with vast support from the five district local governments of Hoima, Masindi Kibaale Bulisa and Kiryandongo.
Bunyoro Kitara Royal University’s motto is “For Innovation, Creativity and Research”
The university has also offered over 300 scholarships and bursaries to students especially those from Bunyoro Kingdom.
“With our vast innovation, research and creativity the university is different from most institutions of higher learning ,we provides high-quality, accessible education preparing our students for what’s ahead-life-opportunity-surprises, innovation, planning and creativity, these are just a few characteristic of a student groomed at Bunyoro Kitara Royal University.” A statement from the university reads.
The university will open on 15th September 2014 with courses unveiled below.
Courses at Bunyoro Kitara Royal University
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, ENVIRONMENT AND FISHERIES
DEPT OF OIL AND GAS /ENVIRONMENT
• Bachelor in Petroleum (Oil and Gas) Management
• Bachelor of Environmental Management
• Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources
DEPT OF AGRICULTURE
• Bachelor of Agriculture
• Bachelor of Agribusiness and Management
DEPT OF AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES
• Bachelor of Science in Aquaculture & Fisheries Development
• Associate diploma in Aquaculture Management and Technology
• Certificate in Aquaculture management and Development
FACULTY OF BUSINESS, MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
DEPT OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
• Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting and Finance
• Bachelor of Public Administration
FACULTY OF ARTS, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
• Bachelor of Science – Information and Technology
• BS Computer Science and Engineering
DEPT OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
• Bachelor of Arts in Education
• Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication and Public Relations
• Bachelor of Social Science and Community Development
DEPT OF THEOLOGY and RELIGIOUS STUDIES
• Bachelor in Religious Education & Theology
• Associate Diploma in Biblical Studies/ Theology
• Advance Certificate in Christian Education
The above Bachelor courses are also offered at Diploma Level
D I P L O M A
• Diploma in Business Administration
• Diploma in Human Recourse Development/Guidance and counseling
C E R T I F I C A T E
• Certificate in Information technology
• Certificate in Project Planning
• Certificate in early Childhood Development
• Certificate in Public Administration
Application forms can be obtained from the office of the academic registrar Bunyoro Kitara Royal University (BUKIRU) by the interested students.
RUKURATO HALL (Chambers)
The Academic Registrar
Bunyoro Kitara Royal University
Rukurato , Road
P O B O X 8 H O I M A
Email: bunyorokitararoyaluniv@ yahoo.com
Facebook: Bunyoro Kitara Royal University
Human Resource: email@example.com
BUNYORO KITARA ROYAL UNIVERSITY FOR INNOVATION RESEARCH AND CREATIVITY