Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) (Fresher UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kyenjojo, Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) will either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
Job Purpose: To perform a range of HR tasks to support the Human Resources Unit nurture a culture of an excellent employee experience in line with the WFP Human Resources policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- In collaboration with the HR Focal points, follow up of monthly absence of WAE staff under SSA Contracts (WAE) to support payroll management.
- In collaboration with HR Focal points, manage Satellite Office staff separations while ensuring relevant documents are maintained before an employee leaves the organization.
- In partnership with the supervisors follow up on accomplishment of learnings required e.g. mandatory courses.
- Support staff to use online medical services such as obtaining temporary medical cards, E-Claims etc.
- In partnership with supervisors, follow up on performance management process e.g. performance plans and annual assessment for the SO in accordance with the performance management cycle.
- Provision of assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) must hold a University degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences or other relevant field obtained from a recognized education institution.
- At least four years of experience in the field of human resources or related field in an administrative support role.
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships in a diverse set up in order to provide high quality support service.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals including maintaining confidentiality.
- Languages: Fluency in written and oral English language.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: 30th December 2022