Job Title: Clinical Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The medical clinical officer will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at IRC facilities, ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines according to the Uganda Ministry of Health guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patients diagnosed, treated, Health education conducted and referred,
- Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics adhered to
- Reports prepared and submitted to supervisor
- Supervise the enrolled nurses and registered nurses
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arises
- Participate in awareness creation and sensitization in the communities on communicable and non-communicable diseases e.g. HIV, TB etc.
- Participate in community engagements such as integrated outreaches and community dialogues when called upon.
- Participate in the capacity building of community-based health workers and other members (i.e. CME’S) Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Ensure adherence to good practices of infection prevention and control at work.
- Support in IPC and case management of COVID patients
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized Institution
- Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Must have a valid practicing license.
- At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international Organization, implementing PHC services in a humanitarian setting
- Experience in planning, organizing, and coordinating health activities.
- Experience in Information management
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Clinical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th November 2022