Job Title: Clinical Officer (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Clinical Officer will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of effective and efficient health services in the health facility. He will provide overall leadership and supervision of the staff at the health facility. S/HE will be the focal person for the implementation of the primary health care activities at the health facility and its catchment community and will work in close collaboration with the Medical Officer. In collaboration with the Medical Officer, assess staff capacity needs at health Centre level, and coordinate all planned trainings. S/He will ensue that all reports are compiled accurately and submitted on time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall leadership and management of the health facility, including managing all the human resources at the health facility.
- Ensure staff adherence to professional and service codes of conduct and ethics; and promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of the primary health care activities, the Uganda Minimum Health Care Package, at the health facility level.
- Ensuring that medicines, medical equipment, medical supplies, non-medical supplies, and all other resources allocated to the health facility are put to the intended use and are accounted for.
- Ensure that the health facility infrastructure and equipment are well maintained and functional.
- Support the formation & functionality of necessary committees such as the Health Unit Management Committee.
- Maintain the asset register of the health facility.
- Supervising the clinical services at the health facility, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients.
- In collaboration with the medical officer, provide technical guidance and supervision of lower cadre health staff.
- Co-ordinate the provision of continuous professional development of the staff.
- Ensure the functionality of health management information system so as to produce quality weekly, monthly reports that are submitted timely.
Communication & Reporting
- Provide regular feedback on day to day running of the facility.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Must be registered and licensed to practice under the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least two years of work experience, with field experience in a health project implementation.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating.
- Concern for quality and standards.
- Communication Skills
- Ethics and integrity.
- Self-control and stress management.
- Time management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th July 2022