Job Title: Community Outreach Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Mukono General Hospital., Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP/02/11/2022
Reports to: Community Outreach Coordinator
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, healthcare and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Job Summary: To promote meaningful and mutually beneficial community participation in MUWRP-Mukono based Research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain close collaborative links with study communities through meetings with key stakeholders and study participants and working closely with project leaders on providing feedback to stake holders.
- Conduct meetings with peer leaders of study participants to guide organization’s operations with the study population
- Develop, implement and evaluate volunteer recruitment strategies and outreach efforts to increase awareness of, and enrolment into clinical research studies
- Facilitate enrolment of research volunteers into the study.
- Administer questionnaires to research volunteers
- Conduct health education to Research Participants
- Work with the research team to monitor and follow up of study participants for study compliance
- Identify and bring to the attention of the research team, key barriers to research participant recruitment
- Conduct behavioral oriented counseling on psycho social issues for research participants
- Conduct home visits for the research volunteers if needed.
- Take part in organizing project’s events and commemoration of the HIV international days
- Engage in public relation activities within and out of the organization
- Facilitate CAB functions.
ASLO READ: Sales Officer West Nile Job – Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a higher Diploma in Adult and community education, social science, Journalism, Mass communication or related field.
- Sound knowledge of how to engage communities in research and understanding factors that facilitate community participation.
- Experience in Health communication, and stakeholder engagement.
- Use of media technology, preparing IEC materials.
- Ability to work outside regular work hours.
- Experience working in a research environment and recruiting of diverse study population is an added advantage
Physical ability: The ability to travel within the work site and field stations.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 3rd December 2022