Job Title: Pharmacist (2 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala &Mukono General Hospital, Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP/02/11/2022
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, healthcare and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Job Summary: To ensure smooth conduct of a vaccine trial and assure compliance with the protocol and GCP/ICH guidelines, dispensing IP, recording and maintaining data and source documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receipt, storage and inventory of investigational product.
- Full understanding and implementation of protocol requirements for investigational product.
- Preparation and dispensing of investigational product as per protocol and site SOPs.
- Maintain accurate and complete record of used/unused vials of the investigational product as required by protocol/sponsor.
- Maintain blinding of clinical staff as per protocol.
- Ensure good functioning of freezers, bio-safety cabinets as per manufacturer and/ or site SOPs
- To ensure that all IP storage units are locked when not in use.
- Maintain temperature and/ or humidity monitoring data on digital display, panel-mounted circular chart temperature recorders and manual temperature checks.
- Ensure that the alarm system is fully functioning and that a back-up system is identified in case of appliance break down.
- Maintain GCP/ICH and ethics training as required.
- Undertake protocol specific training at MUWRP
- Attending monthly meetings with the Pharmacist of Records to review pharmacy events during the past month, and staff meeting as may be required.
- Acquiring and maintenance of requisite licenses, registrations and certificates.
- Participate in QA/QC monthly/quarterly checks during enrolment and annual assessment of pharmacy performance and requirements
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Also Read: Associate Administrative Officer Job – Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- B. Sc in Pharmacy
- At least two years of post-qualification professional experience.
- Training or experience in clinical research and added advantage
- Good interpersonal/communications skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
- Physical ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The ability to work in MUWRP’s collaborative Sites.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 3rd December 2022