Job Title: Content and Social Media Manager
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Content and Social Media Manager will elevate visibility of SCI Uganda’s work by defining and leading our communications, media, social media and content strategy and implementation and develop thought leadership in all our communication across all channels. S/he will work with thematic leads, project, and regional teams to create and produce evidence-based or data-driven content for different stakeholders. S/he will collaborate with the ACCM team to develop innovative ideas and demonstrate exceptional content presentation skills. The Content and Social Media Manager reports to the Director for Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns and Media, and will lead Communications, media and content and works cross-functionally with teams across the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of the country office’s communications and media strategy.
- Content Management.
- External Communications and Media.
- Internal Communications.
- Donor Relations.
- Capacity building.
Also Read: Accountant Job – Kampala Motors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in social science, human rights, development, international relations and journalism/mass communication.
- At least six years of experience in leading communications and media work for a large organisation, preferably NGO, and team management experience.
- Knowledge of and/or direct work experience in the non-profit sector.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications and media strategies.
- Personnel and budget management experience.
- Excellent representational skills with a proven track record of influencing key audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and storytelling skills, and an ability to produce good quality documents and information for a variety of audiences and communicate good practices.
- Strong inter-organisational skills such as networking, negotiation and communication.
- Willing and able to travel time to support field teams as security permits.
- Ability to produce high-quality communications products and services under tight deadlines
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written, are required. Knowledge of additional local languages desired.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th January 2023