Job Title: Contract Engineer Field Operations
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the finalization, in compliance with Company and Project procedures and with due respect to approved schedules and milestones, of the final set of contractual and commercial documentation and coordinate the preparation of the final set of technical documentation for the MIE Contract and other contracts.
- To ensure the full management of commercial and contractual matters related to the contracts in charge of and proactively liaise when required with:
- All concerned technical specialists.
- The management of Field Operation package.
- Contractors’ Contract Engineers.
- The Project Control team specialists: Upstream Contract Leader, Planning Leader and Cost Control Leader.
- To manage and validate requested contractual and commercial changes, coordinate requests for technical changes and follow-up related approval process according to Delegation of Authorities in force.
- To prepare and follow-up associated Commitment process.
- To ensure the settlement of disputes, if any, together with Project Control team specialists and, as necessary, with legal, insurance and finance specialists.
- To ensure that clear and accurate records of commercial and contractual matters are maintained and monitor key dates, against dates defined in the contracts.
- To participate in reducing contractual risks associated with interfaces with other packages and highlighting potential risks occurring during the execution of the contract.
- To ensure the development of the Field Operations Package budget and subsequent revisions according to actual expenditure versus planned budget and potential changes.
- To perform the close-out of Contract(s) with respect to Company and Project procedures
- To provide formal Feedback on managed contracts to contribute to OPS/EXP contracts management improvement.
- Manage all contractual and commercial activities he / she is responsible for up to close-out, in the frame and with respect to procedural obligations as per Production Sharing Agreement, Decrees and Laws in force, Joint operating Agreement and in strict compliance of delegation of authorities and associated Contract and Procurement procedures.
- Timely reporting to the Upstream Contracts Leader and FOPS Project representative, highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern, and assisting the Field Operation team with contractual and commercial matters
- To ensure confidentiality of all the contractual and commercial documentation produced ).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BSc in Engineering Discipline, Quantity Surveying or BSc in other relevant discipline.
- At least ten years of experience in similar role in the preparation, drafting, negotiation, monitoring of technical contracts in the onshore and offshore oil or petrochemical industries. International project experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract processes in projects. Knowledge of Company rules/procedures, Legal and contractual issues.
- Knowledge of International standard and norms, Contract / Purchase Orders administration.
- Flexible team player, able to interface with multiple stakeholders.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.