Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 200 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential. In 2013, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Cost and Management Accounting Specialist will offer technical guidance to all aspects related to financial management and reporting. The Cost and management Accountant may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or finance management or professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICSA or the equivalent accrued working experience in a related position.
- Four or more years’ experience with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches is desirable.
- Past exposure and experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Possess excellent analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Willingness to extensively travel to the field.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Save the Children International NGO should send their application letters with detailed CVs indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to:
The Director of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P.O Box 12018,
Electronic copies can be sent via email to: email@example.com
NB: Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online.
Deadline: 14th November 2014.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.