The Eastern Archdiocesan Development Network (EADEN) is a network of Caritas organizations of the Catholic Church in the Province of Tororo. It covers the Dioceses of Jinja, Tororo, Soroti, Kotido and Moroto. It was established to coordinate development initiatives in the Province and link network members and partners locally, nationally and internationally.
Job Summary: The Crop Production and Marketing Officer will offer on-farm and off-farm technical guidance to farmers to increase quality of crop production and promote Farming as a Business (FAAB).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying agronomic gaps and challenges affecting farmers in a given value chain and developing relevant trainings to address the gaps.
- Actively facilitating farmer groups in the development and review of annual production business plans.
- Providing routine monitoring and mentoring of groups and Associations to ensure that relevant production records are maintained.
- Facilitating linkage of farmer groups to different input suppliers, markets and government extension services.
- Assisting Farmers’ agricultural related advocacy efforts aimed at improving production and marketing.
- Facilitating farmer groups to understand and develop structures for bulking.
Developing the capacity of Community Based Facilitators and Group Leaders as resource persons to ensure sustainability of project interventions.
- Mentoring the farmer groups in Institutional development and Learning
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a first degree in either Agriculture or Agribusiness
- Four years’ practical experience in NGO working in Agricultural extension.
- Proven experience in promoting FAAB and bulking with farmer associations.
- Past exposure and experience in Village savings methodology is an added advantage.
- Skills in participatory approaches and project circle management
- Working knowledge of value chain development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to ride a Motorcycle with a valid riding permit
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications, updated CVs, relevant supporting documents including copies of valid riding permits to the following address:
The Executive Director,
Eastern Archdiocesan Development Network (EADEN) P.O. Box 295, Mbale. Uganda.
Hand deliver to the EADEN Offices on: Plot 14, Bufumbo Road, after the High court in Mbale town, or in Iganga town, on plot 24 Lubas Road, Off Kaliro road Iganga Municipality.
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Wednesday, 8th October, 2014 by 12pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.