Job Title: Director, Quality Assurance
Makerere University Business School (MUBS) is a Public tertiary Institute affiliated to Makerere University with the mandate to provide business and management education in the country.
Job Summary: The MUBS Director, Quality Assurance will serve as the Chief Academic and Administrative Officer of the Quality Assurance Directorate. The incumbent will also be responsible for the successful implementation of the Quality Assurance initiatives of the School and managing its details.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer leadership to the Quality Assurance Directorate and work closely with the School Registrar, Deans of Faculties and Heads of Departments to manage the assurance of academic quality and standards as well as support for quality enhancement and related processes and activities across the School;
- Initiate and produce the Strategic Plan of the Directorate.
- Initiate and produce capital expenditure and annual budget for the Directorate.
- Initiate quality assurance policies and recommend them to Management and Council.
- Steer the development and oversee the implementation of School-wide Quality Assurance initiatives;
- Initiate and develop the Directorate Human Resource Plan.
- Deploy, motivate and appraise staff in the Directorate.
- Devise appropriate qualitative and quantitative measures and performance indicators relevant to quality assurance and enhancement of internal quality assurance procedures for the development of policies and procedures for periodic reviews of existing programmes;
- Establish and monitor quality standards and practices in the delivery of services at the School;
- Actively monitor output from the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), the Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA) and other relevant professional bodies and recommend and implement changes to regulations and procedures, where necessary, to ensure compliance with the relevant requirements;
- Manage the accreditation of all the School Diploma and Certificate programmes by NCHE;
- Intuitively review monthly Departmental reports in line with the School Strategic Plan and recommend appropriate lines of action to the Principal;
- Ensure that the assessment of the School programmes comply with the quality assurance standards of NCHE;
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Principal/Accounting Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a PhD with an Honours Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in a business programme.
- The applicant must have teaching experience at a university for at least five (5) years at the level of a Senior Lecturer and above.
- Prior experience as at least a Head of an Academic Department at a University.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of national and international quality trends in higher education
- Good working knowledge of International Standards Organizations (ISO).
- High level of computer literacy, with experience in the use of relevant packages.
- Detailed working knowledge of Project Management
- Be a person with a high level of integrity.
Age: between 35 and 50 years.
How to Apply for the job:
All interested and suitably qualified persons are invited to submit three (3) copies of their application together with the following:
- A detailed and current Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and addresses of three referees (1 Academic and 2 Professional) who should be advised to send reference letters direct to the Principal, MUBS under confidential cover, plus their postal, telephone and email addresses. Applicants are requested to ensure that at least two (2) of the three referees have forwarded reference letters concerning the application at the time of submission.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates. Original documents should not be sent at this stage.
- Copies of the candidate’s birth certificate and relevant Passport pages.
All applicants already in service should route their applications through their Heads of Department.
The applications should be sealed and marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and bearing the title of the post in the right hand corner of the envelope must be forwarded to reach the Secretary, MUBS Appointments Board, at the address indicated below;
The Secretary, Appointments Board Makerere University Business School Plot M118, Old Portbell Road P.O. Box 1337 Kampala – Uganda
Electronic applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see more jobs available
Deadline: Friday, 21st November, 2014.