Job Title: DREAMS Sub-County Coordinator (17 Entry Level Jobs)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: LPHS Ankole, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Officers
Job Title REF: TS/HR/ PMGT/23
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an Organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing various projects funded by the Global Fund, President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control and the attainment of the UNAIDS 95 95 95 goals.
Job Summary: The DREAMS Sub-County Coordinator will oversee implementation of DREAMS activities in the respective sub-county, by program area as described in the DREAMS work-plans and guided by the SOPs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee implementation of DREAMS activities in the respective sub-county, by program area as described in the DREAMS work-plans and guided by the SOPs.
- Prepare accountabilities for respective field activities within the respective sub-county.
- Plan for and oversee different operational field activities in the respective program areas within the sub-county.
- Ensure daily reporting of program area activities in the sub-county into UDOTS.
- Prepare weekly reports for the respective program areas within the respective sub-county.
- Liaise with Program Officers and Data Clerks for effective planning and coordination of activities.
- Oversee maintenance of all DREAMS safe spaces within a sub-county.
- Work with various community structures to ensure smooth running of DREAMS field activities.
- Ensure tracking of service provision to AGYW.
- Any other duties and responsibilities reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
- Timely enrolled eligible program beneficiaries and achieved sub county targets
- Timely provided age appropriate services, to AGYW in specific project reporting period
- Timely prepared and submitted accountabilities
- Timely submitted daily Sub-County activity updates
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DREAMS Sub-County Coordinator should hold a Degree in any social and community management field.
- One year of experience working with AGYW in a related position.
- Understanding the implementation of AGYW
- Ethical issues in managing AGYW
- Rights Adolescents girls and Young women
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team
- Basics in Counseling skills
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of capacity strengthening through formal and informal training
- Ability to plan strategically, and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment
- Problem solving and decision making
- Understanding of gender, age and other socio-cultural factors
- Ability and willingness to work in a participatory manner with a diverse range of AGYW and communities
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Perseverance and thoroughness.
How to Apply:
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Also note that only applications received online shall be considered.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 21st July 2022