Job Title: Locum Counsellor (4 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Locum Counsellor will work with TASO supported sites in the implementation and coordination of HTS, Community services and care of HIV positive Clients”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality and comprehensive counselling services to Clients, family members, Communities and partners with focus on HIV and TB services’
- Empower Clients in Chronic Care to disclose their HIV status to significant others.
- Use index Client testing to access HIV testing services among children’ sexual partners/networks and family members’
- Participate in process of empowering Clients with skills for self-reliance and making
- Support in the mobilization and support or communities to offer HIV education and care.
- Provide Home-Based HIV counselling and testing and TB screening to household members
- Conduct home visits to clients on ART and TB for adherences support.
- Establish and support peer support groups for Clients’
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of the Clinic work plans.
- Perform Counselling and other support techniques and procedures as requested and prescribed by the clinicians
- Provide information to clients aimed at reducing their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education
- Participate in HIV/AIDS awareness at the Clinic and sensitizations in the communities
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Results Areas
- Support the implementation and coordination of HIV testing Services.
- Support in Coordinating the Linkage process for the newly identified HIV positive Clients, offer intensive adherence Counselling to non-suppressing Clients.
- Provide support to the Community Linkages facilitators and VHTs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Counselling, or a Diploma in Nursing but with a certificate in HIV/AIDS Counselling, or a Diploma in any other Health- Related field but still with a Certificate in HIV/AIDS Counselling. A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counselling Psychology, Guidance will be an added advantage.
- Training in Humanities with wide Experience in the Field
- Training in HIV/AIDS Counselling (Certificate)from a recognized institution.
- Short term capacity development courses on HIV counselling is an added advantage
- The applicant should preferably have at least a year’s experience in HIV Counselling.
- A clear and concise understanding of the psychosocial issues relating to health and illness.
- Deep knowledge of care planning procedures
- Good communication, team building, innovative skills.
- Ability and willingness to reside in and work within the district in which the assigned health facility is located.
- Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email etc.
- Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing to serve in such settings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good records management skills.
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Accuracy, innovativeness, integrity, Emotional control Confidentiality, Team Player and ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How to Apply:
All qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including their telephone and email contacts.
Address your application to the Centre Program Manager, TASO Mulago CoE, PO Box 11485, Kampala.
All interested Clients MUST apply and hand deliver the application to TASO Mulago Hospital Complex, Kampala. First Floor, Room No 102.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2022.