Job Title: Driver
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide driving services to Oxfam project based activities in different locations including the different campus base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives project Oxfam staff, visitors or other authorized persons to and from various points while observing and adhering to the standard safety precautions.
- Maintains proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
- Conducts daily vehicle maintenance checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good condition including the general cleanliness to uphold the image of the organization.
- Delivers and collects mails and other documents to and from various offices required.
- Maintains punctuality and courtesy and adheres to traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains confidentially of Oxfam information at all times while executing duties.
- Keeps and maintains proper documentation of all necessary vehicle documents such as insurance, registration documents, travel requests, vehicle log book, discharge of responsibility form by all non-Oxfam passengers.
- Carries correctly filled in and signed waybills whenever goods are transported.
- Assists in basic local purchases and general logistic activities on request.
- Immediately reports any technical failure or damage and need for maintenance to the appropriate member of staff.
- Keeps track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- Accurately fills in the vehicle log book after performing service checks and/or repair activities of the vehicles
- Be eager to and require others to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Valid driving licence, sound driving skills and experience of 3 years preferably in an NGO environment.
- A defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- Three years of related work experience preferably in an INGO environment.
- A defensive driving certificate is an added advantage.
- Sufficient spoken English and any local languages is an added advantage.
- Basic tractor servicing and maintenance skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Sound driving skills and experience
- Sufficient spoken English and any other local language is an added advantage.
- Previous exposure to procurement and logistics roles.
- Basic vehicle servicing and maintenance skills.
- Basic record keeping skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.