Job Title: Education Officer
Organisation: Tamani Africa Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Operations
Tamani Africa Limited is built on the principle of Eco-Tourism, the company applies internationally acceptable principals of Eco-tourism to achieve sustainable tourism that empowers local communities and conserves the environment in key nature tourism destinations along Africa’s Wildlife corridor.
Job Summary: The Education Officer will assist the Education and community conservation manager in the development, designing and execution of conservation education programs, project and activities in line with the company mission and vision, position the education department in the tourism and conservation industry to create model conservation education programs that drive positive change towards biodiversity conservation and responsible tourism promotion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to design, Develop, Implement and update from time to time the Companies Conservation Education Policy that guides the implementation of Conservation Education Programs, Projects and activities and complies with local, regional and international conservation Education standards.
- Assist in creation of Education in creative business models in line with the company’s Mission and vision and complies with local, regional and international standards
- Assist in designing, developing supervisory system for education Programs, Projects and activities into creative business models in line with the company mission and vision that influence the change of attitude among the general public towards Education and lead to positive action.
- Lead the Design, Development and Execution of Community Conservation Programs, projects and activities that are in line with the company’s Mission and Vision that engage local communities around key nature centers to become active participants in the conservation issues for the Biodiversity resources within their vicinity.
- Design, Develop, implement and update from time to time an effective company’s Intellectual property policy that protects the integrity of all company’s creative work, patents, innovations and all kinds of company business crafts.
- Design, Develop, execute and update an effective supervisory system that guides the implementation of Education and Community conservation programs, projects and activities in the department focusing on Key performance Indicators, Monitoring and Evaluation tools and resource management measures.
- Devise effective strategies that cause the Company’s Conservation Education and community Conservation programs to influence policy making in Governments, Conservation and tourism agencies, Education Institutions and organizations around the world. Design, Develop and Execute an effective training model for execution of Conservation Education and Community Conservation programs, Projects and Activities to staff, stakeholders, shareholder and company clientele.
- Develop content from time to time that promotes the Conservation Education and Community Conservation initiatives run within the company and in line with the company’s Mission and vision for sharing in local, regional and international media platforms, aggressively defend the company activities in Conservation Education and Community conservation on these platforms.
- Design, Develop and execute an effective business Model guide for programs, projects and activities developed for conservation Education and Community Conservation. That guide lines up with the company mission, vision and Values and leads to financial gain for the company through Conservation Education and Community Conservation Initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Education in arts, Bachelors in Social work.
- At least three years of experience as a researcher or study leader.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to relate, motivate and empathize with a range of people from different backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work independently, make decisions and use initiative to establish projects.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Computer skills must
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver them at Tamani Africa Limited offices on 3rd Floor at Plot 28-30, Clement Hill Road Opposite Kingdom Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th January 2023