Job Title: Research Assistant (40 No Experience Data Collection Jobs)
Organisation: Makerere University, School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Funding Source: U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Makerere University, School of Public Health (MakSPH) with support from the U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention is planning an evaluation of interventions that were implemented to mitigate effects of teenage pregnancy in selected districts of Uganda. The evaluation will be conducted in 22 districts that is; Zombo, Kitgum, Kotido, Napak, Alebtong, Oyam, Kaberamaido, Amuria, Kiboga, Nakaseke, Wakiso, Masaka, Kalangala, Sheema, Buhweju, Kasese, Kabarole, Rubanda, Mbale, Manafwa, Kamuli and Jinja.
Job Summary: The evaluation team, therefore, seeks to recruit responsible, qualified, and competent individuals who can work with minimum supervision to join its team as Research Assistants and Data Managers to support data collection for a period of 14 days.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in data collection in accordance with the study protocol
- Answer questions that the respondents may ask during the course of data collection
- Participate in data validation to ensure quality of the data collected
- Provide daily updates on field work including interviews completed and any other important information on field data collection
- Any other duties assigned by the data collection team leaders or the study Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, or any other related discipline
- Possession of a Certificate in Good Clinical Practices or human subject’s protection is a MUST.
- Proficiency in English (both spoken and written) and at least one of the local languages spoken in the study areas.
- Prior experience of conducting face to face interviews.
- Prior experience of collecting either quantitative or and qualitative data.
- Prior experience in interviewing teenagers and using child friendly methods of interviewing.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to follow study specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and observe deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications via the link below with the current CV, stating two referees and their contacts
Deadline: 13th January 2023 by 5.00 pm.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.