Job Title: Safaris Officer
Organisation: Tamani Africa Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Operations
Tamani Africa Limited is built on the principle of Eco-Tourism, the company applies internationally acceptable principals of Eco-tourism to achieve sustainable tourism that empowers local communities and conserves the environment in key nature tourism destinations along Africa’s Wildlife corridor.
Job Summary: The Safaris Officer will assist the safari and sustainable tourism manager in Conducting Creatively Crafted Eco-safaris that Promote Responsible Tourism to engage Communities around Nature Centers, create meaningful experiences to Tourists and contribute to Biodiversity Conservation as well as Creatively Promote responsible tourism practices within the Tourism and Conservation Industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing, Developing, Implement and Update the responsible travel model that Guides the implementation of responsible travel Initiatives within the Company in Accordance with local, Regional and Internationally acceptable Sustainable Tourism Guidelines.
- Assist in designing, Developing, Implement and update the Responsible Tourism Model that Provides Guidance to the Implementation of Responsible Tourism, Programs, Projects and Activities.
- Assist in designing, Developing of Eco-safari Programs, Projects and Activities that are in line with the Company Mission and Vision that are Market viable and Contribute to the Promotion of Responsible Travel.
- Assist in designing, Development and Implementation of responsible Tourism Programs, Projects and Activities that Promote responsible Tourism Practices within the Conservation and Tourism Industry and in line with the company Mission and vision.
- Assist in designing, develop and Implement an Effective Supervisory Management System for all Programs, Projects and Activities for Eco-Safaris being implemented. Including Controls and key Performance Indicators.
- Assist in developing new Ideologies that will assist in the Development of Responsible Travel that can be adopted on local, Regional and International Platforms as acceptable best Practices of Responsible Travel.
- Work with the Marketing Team to aggressively push for the adoption of new Ideologies for Responsible Travel as best Practices for local, regional and International round tables.
- Assist in designing, Develop and Implement Creative Business Models that achieve financial gain, Publicity and Respect for the company out of the new generated Ideologies for adoption on local, Regional and International levels.
- Assist in Design and develop Content from time to time that promotes Responsible Travel and Sustainable Tourism and in line with the Company’s Mission and Vision to serve on local and international media platforms
- Assist in designing and develop Content from time to time that promotes Responsible Travel that are in line with the Company’s Mission and Vision to serve on local and international media platforms.
- Design, develop and implement a training model for Responsible Travel for Company Staff, Stakeholders, Shareholders, Partners and Clientele
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors Degree of Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Qualifications in sustainable Tourism, Responsible tourism is an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in a reputable organization in Tourism, Hospitality or conservation agency
- Knowledge about the state of tourism and conservation in Uganda
- Excellent Computer skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or hand deliver them at Tamani Africa Limited offices on 3rd Floor at Plot 28-30, Clement Hill Road Opposite Kingdom Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th January 2023