Job Title: Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Customer Service Jobs)
Organization: Tindwa Medical and Health Services (TMHS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: HOD Health and Safety
Tindwa Medical and Health Services (TMHS) is the professionally leading, experienced Company and we have widest local coverage. Licensed to run medical and health services. We provide the following Services as it may be vital to you, and respond quickly to attend and Serve you. We provide Ambulances Services for all kind of Emergency Medical Support/ Rescue and for various events for 24/7 hrs by using full equipped Ambulances and Air Charters/Helicopters facilitated by qualified and experienced medical personnel and paramedics. Ambulance Services. (Air and surface medical evacuation, first aid training, occupational health, general consultancy, general waste disposal/management, home based care).
Job Summary: Work involves evaluating incoming calls to determine the appropriate level of emergency medical service (EMS) assistance required, dispatching units, and transmitting information and messages upon request and/or according to established procedures. Assist in all operational aspects of the Communications Center, including but not limited to; data entry, ongoing training / staff meetings, vehicle utilization, customer service issues, as well as interaction with field / management staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional and courteous service while receiving incoming calls from the public or other clients requesting emergency and non-emergency assistance, achieve and maintain control of call and provide proper interrogation to obtain necessary information to determine the appropriate response and priority.
- Dispatch appropriate units according to acuity level, availability and location or provide appropriate information as required while simultaneously maintaining radio contact with and monitoring the status of all field units.
- Prioritize requests for and dispatch appropriate resources for non-emergency transports based on customer relationship.
- Maintain accurate record and log of all incidents including address of incident, times, type of response, unit number, EMT/paramedic names, patient name and disposition.
- Maintain awareness of all field units’ status and location and assist in coordinating the activities of all field units.
- Monitor multiple public safety radio frequencies, hospital diversions and video surveillance screens; operate a variety of communications equipment, including radio consoles, telephones, computer aided dispatch systems and multiple computer programs/systems.
- Communicate with other public safety agencies, hospitals, public works departments, support services and any other entity as needed to request or forward necessary information.
- Send, receive, enter, update and disperse information by computer, telephone, cellular telephone or other methods.
- Interact with visitors personally and on the telephone; receive, process and record requests and complaints and route individuals to proper personnel as appropriate.
- Test and inspect equipment as required.
- Perform other duties not specifically presented in this description as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have a nurse certificate or certificate in First Aid with customer care training.
- At least one year experience working in customer care.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV for consideration to email@example.com
Deadline: 14th July 2023