Job Title: Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Duty Station: Jinja or Fort Portal, Uganda
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners, Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1,800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Job Summary: Enabel in Uganda is looking for passionate, dynamic individuals to fill 2 vacancies for Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer.
The Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer (s) will map and assess Business Membership Organisations (BMOs) and member enterprises for increased productivity and decent jobs creation as well as support and subsidize actions identified through assessments of the selected BMOs and selected companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You lead the assessment of the BMOs in terms of governance, financial management and their effectiveness to service delivery to their members.
- You work with the selected BMOs to identify, assess and select 45-50 partner companies in the agricultural sectors (focus on agro-processors) and sectors of the green economy.
- You develop and coordinate tailored packages including regular on-site coaching sessions complemented by specific training, tools and networking opportunities.
- You coordinate organizational strengthening support to the selected BMOs in order to enhance their capabilities to implement interventions activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Economics or any other related field
- A Bachelor’s degree in private sector development, business administration, Economics, Investment finance or any other related field
- Five years of relevant experience in implementing activities geared towards enterprise growth in sectors of agriculture and green economy.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in private sector development, provision of business development services, and employment promotion
- Proven experience in project management and capacity building for businesses.
- Proven experience in facilitating businesses for improved access to finance
- Proven experience in designing and coordinating business development services
- You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Expertise in business planning and development, and supporting private sector growth for increased productivity and decent jobs creation
- Excellent understanding of the local economy and the local economic opportunities
- Basic knowledge of Start-Your-Business and Manage-Your-Business approaches
- Expertise in developing and implementing mechanisms and interventions for enhanced youth livelihoods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing to interact and work with vulnerable youth and women, as well as private sector actors and other (high-level) stakeholders.
- Creative thinking and being pro-active i.e. taking initiatives and responsibility at the same time
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel: https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
NB: Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their applications online at the link below(indicating your preferred duty location) with an updated CV (maximum 3 pages)