- Job Title: EVD Response Training Officer (Fresher Jobs)
- Organisation: FHI 360
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Reports to: MCHN EVD Response Team Lead
- About US:
- FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- About USAID Project:
- FHI 360, a prime implementing partner for USAID funded Maternal, Child Health & Nutrition (MCHN) Activity will, with funding from USAID, support KCCA’s (Kampala Capital City Authority) EVD (Ebola Virus Disease) Response Plan. Activities will focus on strengthening capacity for EVD infection prevention and control (IPC) and case identification and quick referral by small private healthcare providers within the city. FHI 360 is seeking for individuals to serve in the following positions for a short period of time – ranging from 60 to 120 working days, to support the USAID MCHN team to implement these activities.
- Job Summary: The EVD Response Training Officer will provide ongoing support to KCCA Division teams to effectively support implementation of EVD trainings for PFP healthcare facilities, drugs shops, pharmacies, and community level health service providers.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with KCCA, assist in coordinating and working with KCCA and other partners supporting the Ebola response to organize and manage EVD trainings in various topics for private health facilities/ drug shops and community pharmacies.
- Support KCCA to compile tailored standardized training materials for private health facilities/ drug shops and community pharmacies within each division in Kampala City.
- In collaboration with KCCA and other partners, assist in development of division-level EVD training plans for private health facilities, pharmacies, drug shops and other community structures not yet reached.
- Compile training reports of all trainings and their accountabilities for private health sector providers.
- Create linkages with other partners supporting KCCA in the EVD response.
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in medicine, nursing/midwifery, or public health/related disciplines. Experience in training in emergency public health interventions will be an added advantage.
- A master’s degree in public health with specialization in Epidemiology, Health promotion & prevention will be an added advantage.
- One to two years of experience in organizing Continuous Professional Development/Continuous Medical Education events.
- At least two years of work experience in public health program implementation.
- Must be registered with their respective professional councils.
- Experience in response to epidemics working with multiple partners will be of added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with health facility and division teams.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should Submit their applications ( CV and Cover letter) by email to Uganda.email@example.com Please indicate the title of the position in the email subject line
Deadline: 25th November 2022