Job Title: Events Executive
Organization: Fusion Solutions Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Fusion Solutions Limited is a multi-agency that provides a wide spectrum of marketing, event planning and brand management services across disciplines of Strategy, Digital, Advertising, Media, Social, PR, Design, Branding, with an approach to marketing that relies on insight into human nature, respect for the consumer, and the power of creativity.
Job Summary: The Events Executive is responsible for managing events and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Directly coordinate activities to prepare for the day of the event. Identifying potential business, researching, writing, planning and running all aspects of the event on behalf of a client or own organisation. Plan public events, trade and industry exhibitions, product launches, company events and private events such as weddings, and be present during the event to deal with any issues as they arise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Hire bartenders and wait staff.
- Work with guest of honor to ensure all requests are met.
- Drive attendance to the event.
- Promote the event using flyers, cold calling, and social media as examples of ways to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their participation in the event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations, and other event decor.
- Plan menus, order food, and hire chefs or caterers.
- Sample food, including main dishes and desserts.
- Give final approval for items such as music and menus.
- Designing anything from online registration forms to floral arrangements
- Arranging insurance cover and ensuring legal, health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Organising car parking facilities, security, first aid and catering.
- Supervising the dismantling and removal of stands.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree with honors from a recognized University.
- Two years of working experience.
- Knowledge in the fields of advertisement and marketing are an added advantage
- Networking, Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, organisational ability and time management
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Customer focus is vital
- Good negotiation skills
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Imagination and creativity
- Ability to cope with pressure and tight deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should kindly send their applications, detailed CVs (in Ms Word format) and accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st October 2018 at 5:00pm