Job Title: Management Trainee – Executive Personal Assistant (Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Personal Assistant
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, The Authority is under the general supervision of the Ministry of Information Communications Technology and National Guidance (MOICT&NG). The National Information Technology Authority, Uganda was established with a mandate to coordinate, promote and monitor the development of IT in the context of social and economic development of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Management Trainee – Executive Personal Assistant will be providing versatile secretarial and administrative support to the National Personal Data Protection Director’s Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing office administration and secretarial services to the National Personal Data Protection Director’s Office;
- Arrange and maintain records of meetings, workshops, and conferences;
- Managing facilities, equipment, and consumables in the Personal Data Protection Office;
- Maintaining confidential manual and electronic filing systems;
- Responsible for all the Personal Data Protection Office correspondences including replies to letters/queries;
- Responsible for proper maintenance of the National Personal Data Protection Director’s diary and scheduling of appointments;
- Coordination of Board and Executive Committee Management meetings;
- Attending to the relevant official visitors and directing them accordingly in liaison with the reception official.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Also Read: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Coordinator Job – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must at least hold a degree in Secretarial or Business Studies or Social Sciences, Business Administration, or any other relevant qualification from a recognized University.
- A post-graduate qualification or internationally recognized professional qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage;
- At least three (3) months of experience working as an executive personal assistant, secretary, public relations officer, customer care officer or administrative officer, or similar position with a reputable public or private commercial donor-funded organization
- Computer skills in Office based applications;
- Hands-on office administration and secretarial skills
- Excellent typing skills
- Confidentiality, Diligence & Reliability
- Ability to use relevant presentation tools
- Hands-on records management skills are an added advantage
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizing and coordination skills
- Time managing skills
- Pleasant with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer relations skills.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form (which can be downloaded from the NITA-U official website Download Here with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com
No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Deadline: 22nd December 2022