Job Title: Field Accountant and Administrator
Organisation: Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a humanitarian non-governmental organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. The organization works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action. Currently the organization implements relief and development projects in West Nile, Acholi, Karamoja and South-Western Uganda. ADRA wishes to recruit a highly qualified, experienced and energetic Ugandan national, to occupy the vacant position of Internal Auditor/Controller.
Comprehensive Emergency Medical Support (CEMS) – Field Emergency and Inpatient Unit + Comprehensive Primary and Secondary Health Clinic. The CEMS Project is contributing to run a static emergency medical unit 24/7 in Kyaka II Refugee Settlement that is serving the refugee community mainly from DRC, as well the host community.
Job Summary: The Field Accountant/Administrator has to be a detailed-oriented problem-solver, who work well in a team environment while at the same time possess the skill to work independently when needed, as well who has to make decisions under pressure and works efficiently under time constraints. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Above-average organisational, troubleshooting and basic computer skills are also essential to this role to ensure a smooth implementation of the program and operation activities planned and overviewed by the CEMS Management Team. The Field Accountant/Administrator provides general support for the CEMS assisting the Field Coordinator in developing and implementing the CEMS project, in collaboration with the Management Team. To meet the demands of this positions, the Field Accountant/Administrator is responsible for ensuring the completion of many tasks as record keeping of all the expenses related to CEMS, provision of general support in administration and security issues, maintain an accurate inventory of all equipment used in the CEMS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Field Coordinator in the admin, logistics and coordination
- Supervise the work of the Store Keeper, the Ground Keeper and the Security and make sure they follow the procedures and protocols established
- Keenly monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective alternatives
- Bookkeeping of all expenses related to the project at the field level
- Keep a record of all the project files
- Maintain organised medical and employee records
- Monitor staff timesheet
- Supervise the ordering and stocking of medical and office supplies;
- Supervise the work of the guards
- Perform any other duties deemed appropriate for this position.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ADRA Uganda Field Accountant and Administrator job placement should hold a Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- At least three years of related work experience
- Ability to work in 8 hours shifts, 5 working days
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector (preferred)
- Previous experience with NGOs (preferred)
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Swahili and French (preferred)
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Proficiency in handling basic computer programs used in hospital management and basic computer skills in Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications online at the link below