Vacancy title: Field Technician
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Administrative & Office
Jobs at: Tugende
Deadline of this Job: 8th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Tugende is a technology-enabled asset finance company with a social mission. We provide an affordable path to ownership of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs. Our primary product is a lease to own motorcycle financing package which includes training, life and health insurance, and active support. Tugende currently serves tens of thousands of clients in Uganda and we are preparing to extend our offering into Kenya.
With a market for motorcycle taxis of over 800,000 drivers in East Africa alone, Tugende is expanding rapidly in our core product. We are also building a platform with our staff, branches, data, systems, and deep knowledge of the informal sector, to expand into other asset financing as successfully as we have with our current core product.
About this Role: The Field Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by conducting motorcycle procurement, pre-delivery inspections, delivery coordination, installations, testing, repairs and maintenance of all Tugende motorcycles..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The job holder will perform the following duties:
· Complete the motorcycle procurement process including but not limited to signing off the pre-delivery inspection notes and managing the inventory.
· Accurately conduct pre-delivery inspection on all received motorcycles and ensure all necessary maintenance are reported before delivery.
· Coordinate delivery of motorcycles (including loading, paying the delivery agents, offloading, monitoring and reporting any damages) from the supplier to Tugende warehouse.
· Accurately capture all new motorcycle details into the system, before disbursement.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and repair orders / instructions to perform required maintenance and service.
· Manage all installations, repairs, maintenance and testing of motorcycles before disbursement.
· Provide technical, maintenance services and customer support during field visits or dispatches of motorcycles.
· Document, share and make recommendations on the status of company assets with relevant members of the operations team based on fieldwork discoveries.
· Produce accurate, timely and detailed service reports to the Branch Coordinator.
· Perform any other technical related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
· The applicant should hold a diploma in; Electrical / Mechanical / Automobile Engineering, or Motor Vehicle mechanics, obtained from a certified and recognised institution of learning.
· Should have a valid driving / riding licence most preferably class A.
· One year of work experience as a mechanic or electrician with a reputable organisation or institute.
· Superb technical skills to diagnose and determine the best technical solutions from non-technical descriptions
Skills, knowledge & abilities
· Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
· Ability to interpret & understand technical diagrams and manuals
· Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
· Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
· Knowledge of health and safety issues related to motorcycle use, including electrical, mechanical and chemical risks
· Motorcycle riding proficiency with willingness to quickly develop into expert status
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Hold values similar to our own: Integrity;- Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
· Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
· Positive Attitude: main a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
· Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
· Computer literate with ability to use MS Office and Google Suite.
· Good customer service skills to deal sensitively with customers
· Proficiency in 2 or more local languages
· High level of professionalism and integrity
· Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and Operations function grow. The person doing this job can be promoted to Head of Security, with a possibility of crossing to other operations functions.
· Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up.
· Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a livable wage. Help be part of this movement!
· Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 270+ Employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All candidates should apply online at the link below. Click Here