Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Account Screening Officer will be a member of the Liabilities Operations team, providing key support in the account opening process in checking of all accounts opened for KYC compliance. This role will include but not be limited to:
- Reviewing of all new accounts opened (personal, Local Business & Corporate) to ensure 100% Kyc Compliance
- Provision of regular management information on the KYC performance.
- Capturing of data in the system from time to time as assigned
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Review documentation used for account opening (80%):
- Review all account opening application forms including dispensation forms scanned into SYBRIN Imaging and Workflow and compare with physical mandates to confirm consistency and compliance as per requirements for the different customer types.
- Review information captured in the various systems used and confirm correctness.
- Carry out checks on accounts sampled for the Compliance monthly review on KAMLS for new to bank accounts as assigned
- Make appropriate account amendments or updates on customers’ accounts as required by the business from time to time.
- On a daily basis, provide MI to line manager for accounts checked and their fate giving details of errors found
- Provide any support required during audit
2. Customer Service (10%):
- Actively monitor and respond to and resolve queries / issues raised to the BBU KYC Contact Centre as assigned from time to time
- Participate in all branch trainings, road shows and preparation of training packs to be shared with branches to improve knowledge and skill as organized by the Liabilities Operations team.
- Maintain the service level agreement (SLA) between the Liabilities Operations team and branches / centers.
3. Snap Checks and Other Controls (10%):
- Carry out all snap checks as assigned by team manager or other members of management
- Carry out RCA reviews as assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess a University degree or equivalent qualification with good pass in English and Mathematics at ‘O’ level
- The candidate should possess experience of at least threee years general banking experience
- Six months account opening experience in the bank
- Broad understanding of bank products
- Excellent understanding of account opening requirements
- Excellent knowledge of KYC and related policies
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to account opening
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 4th December, 2013