Job Title: Field Worker Interviewer (9 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Medical Research Council (MRC UK) /UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Position Code: FW-922
Reports to: Research Coordinator
The Medical Research Council (MRC UK) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018. The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso and Kampala Districts.
Job Summary: The Field Worker Interviewer will be responsible for completing household enumeration and collecting household and general questionnaire survey data with participants adhering to study procedures. This post will report to the Research Coordinator of the Functional Needs Assessment Survey. Data will be collected using a tablet-based data mobile application.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending study training for the survey;
- Traveling daily to different study areas throughout the study area and visit households selected to be included in the survey;
- Meeting with community representatives in selected study areas and complete enumeration of households included in the survey, entering data into an app on android tablets thoroughly and accurately;
- Conducting interviews (using a questionnaire) to collect data including on socio-economic characteristics and level of difficulty with different areas of functioning;
- Obtaining consent/assent from study participants; and,
- Following all ethical and protocol procedures such COVID-19 Infection Prevention and control guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Social sciences (or related);
- Certificate in health education/health promotion;
- Completed courses in either survey and/or research methods; disability, rehabilitation, and/or assistive technology training;
- A minimum of three years of experience in survey enumeration, data collection, and data entry;
- Previous experience in an interview, surveys, or other types of research;
- Experience in working in communities with diverse groups, including people with disabilities;
- Tablet-based data collection skills;
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to speak the local language of the study area (Luganda); and,
- Willingness to travel to communities in the district each day for data collection.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should follow the link below to fill a form and submit your application documentation at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2022 at 5:00pm