Job Title: Stores Assistant – (2 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Medical Research Council (MRC UK) /UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Masaka and Kyamulibwa, Uganda
Reports to: Stores Officer
Position Code: SA -722
The Medical Research Council (MRC UK) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018. The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso and Kampala Districts.
Job Summary: The Stores Assistant will provide support to the Stores Officer by ensuring that MRC Stores are operated according to the approved Unit operating procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making Issuing out supplies to End users according to approved requisitions on MSD;
- Accurate receiving and dispensing of approved fuel requests for the Entebbe field station;
- Taking weekly dippings of all fuel tanks in addition to start and end of month dippings;
- Receiving supplies from Suppliers according to approved Purchase Orders;
- Goods receipting of all approved and accepted deliveries in MSD and preparing documents for payment in accounts;
- Working with the procurement and accounts teams in reconciling invoices and purchase orders with hanging payments;
- Preparing and dispatching all received field station inventory twice a week to the field stations;
- Ensure proper recoding of stores items in MS Dynamics system;
- Carryout quarterly stock takes to ascertain and record accurate stock values under the guidance of the Stores Officer;
- Ensure inventory items are well stored and easily accessible, and the store rooms are clean; and,
- Ensure restricted access of people to stores/inventory items.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Stores Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management is an added advantage;
- A minimum of two years of experience in stores management and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Experience working with MS Office programs, office equipment (printer, fax, copier, scanner); and,
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics – Navision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates Follow the link below to fill a form and submit your application documentation at the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2022